Hey guys, I’m Molly from The Rose Beauty Files and its so nice to be over here on Sherry’s lovely blog and chatting to you all! I am a beauty and lifestyle blogger with a huge passion for makeup! So, with that in mind, it only felt right to do a makeup related post for you today and seeing as Sherry told me she’s really into lipsticks at the moment, I thought I would continue my ‘Lipstick Edit’ series over here today with an Autumn/Fall edition!
Think vampy, dark shades and plenty of browns! I wanted a nice even number to give you a few different options so I’ve come up with 10 shades that I love wearing in the autumn. I hope you find a shade you like from my selection and I hope to see you over in my neck of the Internet sometime soon!
- MAC Rebel (Satin) – An absolute blogger favourite and quite rightly so. In the bullet this looks incredibly purple, however on the lips it creates a gorgeous, deep pinky purple that is much more wearable. This also has some serious lasting power and leaves a bit of a stain on your lips throughout the day meaning that you have no reason to fear your lipstick disappearing! This is perfect for those of you who don’t want a really dark lip but want to still have something quite autumnal.
- MAC Whirl (Matte) – Ahh the infamous Kylie Jenner shade! How could I do a blog post without mentioning this beauty! It’s matte, a lovely mid brown shade and lasts hours on this lips… what more could you ask for?! It also comes in a matching liner shade for those of you who like to ensure a defined lip every time! A must have if you’re not into plum shades (or even if you are!!).
- MAC Verve (Satin) – This is a relatively recent discovery for me but one I adore nonetheless! It’s like Whirls more plummy/cool toned older sister but in a satin formula for those of you who find mattes a bit too drying. It feels creamy on the lips and is quite a unique shade that I know won’t be for everyone, but if you love darks, like me, then this one could be for you!
- MAC Amorous (Satin) – This is one of the more wearable shades of the bunch for ladies who don’t like their lipstick to be too much of a statement. It’s still got the plummy autumnal vibe but it’s a bit more muted and subtle. I love this one for day or night as it is bold enough to pack a punch in the evening, but subtle enough for everyday too.
- Charlotte Tilbury Birkin Brown (Matte Revolution) – If you like a brown toned dark lip the Charlotte Tilbury’s Birkin Brown is a gorgeous option. It’s named after those equally beautiful bags and is a deep chocolate shade. It’s part of her matte revolution range but personally I feel like it’s more of a satin formula and it is not drying in the slightest!
- Charlotte Tilbury Night Crimson (K.I.S.S.I.N.G) – Another gorgeous option from Charlotte Tilbury but this is from her other range which aren’t matte and, in my opinion, pack a bit more of a punch in the pigmentation department. They have a slight sheen to them, which I really like, but it does make them more prone to smudging so be careful!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen – This is a great option for those of you on a budget and these soft matte lip creams have had many a bloggers seal of approval. They are a lovely light foamy texture that dries down to a matte finish. This colour is a beautiful purple/plum colour that is perfect for Autumn! The traveller in me loves the fact that they are all named after cities too and I’m trying to buy all the cities I’ve been to!
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Honey – I’m not a neutral girl so this is the most neutral you’re going to get from me! It’s a gorgeous beige toned light brown that is perfect for every day. It doesn’t really dry down on the lips so there is a nice creamy finish there but it definitely isn’t glossy. You also get a massive amount of product in these little tubes so it will last you a really long time! It also smells like chocolate which is a complete bonus for me!
- NYX INTENSE Butter Gloss in Chocolate Crepe – This one is for those of you who like a glossy finish to your lips! This is another one of NYX’s cult beauty products and combines good pigmentation with a glossy finish. Despite not really favouring glossy finishes myself, I find myself reaching for this little tube quite frequently! It’s a lovely rich colour and glides on so smoothly that it’s hard not to fall in love!
- 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in Rich – This is the budget beauty dream. It’s a lovely ‘rich’ oxblood colour and for under £5 the quality completely blew me away. It has a lovely shine to it but it still has good lasting power. I’m a big fan of the formula of this lipstick and I reach for this colour every single autumn!
I hope you’ve all enjoyed this lipstick edit post, I have done two others over on my blog over the last few months so make sure you check those out if you like Muted Pinks & Purples or Nudes! If you fancy connecting on social media, I’m at @RoseBeautyFiles on both Instagram and Twitter and love to meet other bloggers!
Thank you so much to Sherry for letting me do my thing over here, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it!
p.s. don’t you find that lip swatch photographs make you feel like you need ten rounds of lip fillers?!