I got through day 1 without a hitch and I’m so impressed with myself because I even managed to beat my PB on my usual 30 minute run. After a week I have gone from 2.87 to 3.25 miles. I can’t pin this down to the healthy eating just yet as it only been 48 hours but what I can tell you, I feel more productive and certainly more awake. I haven’t had that 3 o clock lull where I tend to want to binge on chocolate or down a can of coke, instead I reach for a banana or top up my water.
So, day 2 sees a recipe from Joe Wicks a.k.a The Body Coach – you may know him for his #LeanIn15 videos on Instagram… I’ve just remembered where I first found out about him, Sunday Brunch funnily enough!
I opted for Baked Avocado Eggs with Midget Trees (Tenderstem Broccoli) and Honey Cured Bacon. Of course, I added my own little twist to it though.
What you will need –
- 2 x Ready To Eat Avocados
- 4 x Medium Eggs
- 8 x Tenderstem Broccoli Heads (more if you desire)
- 4 x Rashers Bacon (can use any flavour, recommend thickly cut)
- 2 x Knobs of Garlic & Herb Butter
- Pepper, Chives and Chilli Flakes to season.
What to do –
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Crack open the avocados and of course remove the stone.
- Spoon out enough of the squishy green stuff to make room to house an egg.
- Ideally, when you crack the egg into the space, try to let the yolk in first then fill with the white.
- Once all four are filled, place compactly into a baking dish and put them in the oven for 20 minutes. Check after 15 though as I’ve found out there is a fine line between getting gooey or hard yolks!
- Whilst they are baking nicely in the oven, melt the butter in a sauce pan, add 1/4 cup of water and gently steam the broccoli with the spooned out avocado. This is your call, depends on how you like your veg! I left mine in for 10 minutes to soak up the flavour from the butter and become soft in texture.
- Fry your bacon rashers to your liking, I’m not a crispy bacon fan so you might want to incorporate some extra time if that floats your boat.
- Hopefully, by the time the bacon and broccoli is the ready, the oven should be beeping and you can plate up! Garnish the baked avocado eggs with pepper, chilli flakes ( if you like a bit’o’kick ) and chopped chives.
- Nothing left to do now but eat up and enjoy!