Happy Tuesday Scribblers!
So yesterday marked the first day of starting a healthier lifestyle in a bid to tighten up our tums with feel good food and plenty of exercise.
Now, I’m a huge fan of Channel 4 Sunday Brunch and watch it religiously, in fact I’ve been watching the duo since they presented Something For The Weekend! I love trying out new recipes however I’ve never gave one of Simon Rimmers recipes a go until I saw what he made on Sunday. This is my take on the recipe I found here – Lemon Chicken with Beans and Capers
Rosemary & Lemon Chicken with Green & Broad Bean Salad and Crostini.
What you will need –
- 2 x Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
- 1 x Lemon (1/2 sliced finely, ½ juiced)
- Large handful of Green Beans
- 150g Broad Beans
- 2 x Shallots (finely sliced)
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (crushed or finely sliced)
- ½ Baguette
- Olive Oil
What to do –
- Heat the olive oil, crushed/sliced garlic in a pan until hot then add the lemon slices and rosemary until the aroma sills the room.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the shallots and add them to a saucepan with the broad beans, green beans, lemon juice and pepper to season, then allow to boil on a low heat until dishing up.
- Add your chicken strips to the hot pan and leave it to stick and crisp on the outside, turning every so often to caramelise all over.
- Slice up the baguette, allow 3 slices per person, rub some olive oil into your palms and pat onto the individual slices. Heat a griddle pan (you can use the normal grill if you don’t have one) and grill till crisp and coloured golden brown.
- When done, you can start plating up!
- Using a slotted spoon, pick up some of the beany goodness and place it onto the centre of the plate. Strategically place your 3 crostini’s on top and then pile on the chicken using tongs. Add some more of the bean mixture on top to provide some extra moisture to the dish and VOILA!
- In under 30 minutes you can create a restaurant standard, gorgeous tasting and very healthy dish.
- Now, tuck in and enjoy.